The fall season starts on September 11, just 2 weeks away. We will run for 9 weeks, with our last game being November 6. We will not play on October 9 due to Columbus day unless we use it to make up for a rain day.
Teams are being setup and finalized now. You should get an email welcoming your child to her or his new team by Monday, August 29. If you don't get it by then, contact the league, as you may not be registered properly.
We still have spots available, but there will be a strict limit on the number of players accepted and remaining kids will be wait listed. If you have not registered yet, you should do it asap. If you know somebody who would like to play, please let them know that they need to register now.
You can register here:
The SeasonWe will have an 8 game season this Fall. All U7 games will be on Sunday mornings.
We will have 2 time slots that will change for each team every week. The first slot is 9:00-10:25. The second is 10:30-11:55. Each 85 minute time slot will be divided into a 40 minute skills/drills session and a 40 minute scrimmage/game, with a 5 minute break between practice and scrimmage.
No games will be scheduled over Columbus Day Weekend, October 9. The last game will be November 9, weather permitting.
The BlogThis Blog will be the primary source of information for schedules, cancellations, etc. Feel free to use the comments to discuss the league and let us know what we can do to improve any aspect of U7 Soccer.
Cancellations due to weather will be posted to the blog... please check it within an hour of the start time on game-day morning. If you do not have access to the internet on Sunday mornings, please let me know.
Parents will need to supply...
- If you already have the correct uniform color, please use it. If not, the league will supply a shirt, shorts and socks on the first day
- Appropriate shoes. We'll play on real grass, cleats are recommended (but are not required)
- Shin pads are required. Your child may be excluded from the game if this important piece of safety equipment is not used.
- Players must come to the game with their own size 3 ball with the players name on it
- Long pants and long sleeved shirts may be worn under the team uniform if desired
- Water - for frequent breaks
- A snack for between the practice and game may be desired
- Players must not wear any jewelry (earrings, watches, etc.) during the practice or game
- Parents must remain at the field with their children during the entire session
Our PhilosophyAt the U7 level we continue focusing on basic skills, and begin incorporating more of the basic rules into the experience.
Our primary focus remains providing a fun and healthy environment for the kids to discover their emerging soccer skills. We do not focus on winning. We don't keep official score, celebrate wins, or mourn losses. We strive for every player to get equal playing time, and try to keep the number of players on the field small in order to maximize opportunities to play. We reward skillful play, good attitudes and sportsmanship.
Adults, please try to keep this in mind. If you see a player on a team opposing your child's team, and that player is exceptionally good... please try to celebrate that skill as opposed to trying to suppress it. All players develop at different rates, and at this age, some kids really stand out. This is a good thing, try to not take offense by it.
Here are some additional notes about the U7 format:
- For this outdoor session we will play 6v6 including a goalie. We will use the bigger nets. Coaches may decide to change the structure as needed for a fun and fulfilling game depending on attendance.
- Coaches may decide to balance teams at game time if there is a need to equalize the number of players on each team.
- Substitutions should be made when play stops and should occur approximately every 5 - 10 minutes
- We will play with throw-ins, goalie kicks and corner kicks.
- The game will start with a kick-off at the center, as will the second half of the game
- After each goal, the team scored upon will start again by kicking-off at center. A successful kick-off means that the ball needs to roll 1 revolution forward and be touched by another player
- Hand balls result in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No slide-tackling allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No pushing with the arms or hands allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No tripping from behind allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No checking with hips allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to opposing side
- No off-sides called
- The coaches may decide to break for half-time
Basic Rules for Parents
- Players must play within their designated age group.
- Players must play on the team they have been assigned to. Requests for specific teams will be honored if availability permits. Requests made close to the start of the season are often hard or impossible to accomodate for.
- At least one adult supervisor must stay during the entire session and is responsible for watching kids if they wander away from play
- Parent involvement is appreciated and encouraged when appropriate but please try not to interfere with the session
- Due to insurance rules players who are not registered with the league cannot play
- Players must not wear jewelry such as earrings, watches, necklaces, etc.
9 Week Schedule
Be sure to note the time you play each week... it changes!
|Date||Time||Home Team||Away Team||Field|
|Sun 9/11/2016||9:00 AM||Orlando City||Columbus Crew||Field 1&2|
|Week 1||9:00 AM||DC United||NE Revolution||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||New York City||Seattle Sounders||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||Portland Timbers||Montreal Impact||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Houston Dynamo||Chicago Fire||Field 3&4|
|Sun 9/18/2016||9:00 AM||NE Revolution||Columbus Crew||Field 1&2|
|Week 2||9:00 AM||Seattle Sounders||DC United||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||Montreal Impact||New York City||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||Chicago Fire||Orlando City||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Houston Dynamo||Portland Timbers||Field 3&4|
|Sun 9/25/2016||9:00 AM||Orlando City||Seattle Sounders||Field 1&2|
|Week 3||9:00 AM||Portland Timbers||Chicago Fire||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||Montreal Impact||Houston Dynamo||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||New York City||NE Revolution||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||DC United||Columbus Crew||Field 3&4|
|Sun 10/2/2016||9:00 AM||Houston Dynamo||DC United||Field 1&2|
|Week 4||9:00 AM||Chicago Fire||Montreal Impact||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||NE Revolution||Orlando City||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||Columbus Crew||Seattle Sounders||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Portland Timbers||New York City||Field 3&4|
|No Soccer 10/9/2016 due to Columbus Day weekend|
|Sun 10/16/2016||9:00 AM||NE Revolution||Chicago Fire||Field 1&2|
|Week 5||9:00 AM||DC United||New York City||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||Columbus Crew||Montreal Impact||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||Seattle Sounders||Houston Dynamo||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Orlando City||Portland Timbers||Field 3&4|
|Sun 10/23/2016||9:00 AM||Chicago Fire||DC United||Field 1&2|
|Week 6||9:00 AM||Houston Dynamo||Orlando City||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||New York City||Columbus Crew||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||Montreal Impact||NE Revolution||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Seattle Sounders||Portland Timbers||Field 3&4|
|Sun 10/30/2016||9:00 AM||DC United||Portland Timbers||Field 1&2|
|Week 7||9:00 AM||NE Revolution||Seattle Sounders||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||New York City||Houston Dynamo||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||Columbus Crew||Chicago Fire||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Orlando City||Montreal Impact||Field 3&4|
|Sun 11/6/2016||9:00 AM||Portland Timbers||NE Revolution||Field 1&2|
|Week 8||9:00 AM||Montreal Impact||DC United||Field 3&4|
|9:00 AM||Houston Dynamo||Columbus Crew||Field 5&6|
|Second Session||10:30 AM||New York City||Orlando City||Field 1&2|
|10:30 AM||Seattle Sounders||Chicago Fire||Field 3&4|
Pine Banks Field
All games will be played at Pine Banks Field. We will use the field inside the track with natural grass turf, at the corner of Main St. and Sylvan St.