The winter session begins this Sunday, January 15th. The session will run for 9 weeks. At the bottom is the field assignment and field layout at the Gym.
The SeasonAll U7 games will be on Sunday mornings at from 10:00 to 11:25 each week. Games are played at Salemwood School Indoor Gym at 529 Salem St. in Malden.
No games will be scheduled during the first week of February break. Our last game being played on March 12, weather permitting.
The BlogThis Blog will be the primary source of information for schedules, cancellations, etc. I will however, also email you.
Cancellations due to weather will be posted to the blog... please check it within an hour of the start time on game-day morning. If you do not have access to the internet on Sunday mornings, please let me know.
Parents will need to supply...
- If you already have the correct uniform color, please use it. If not, the league will supply a shirt, shorts and socks on the first day
- Appropriate shoes. We'll play on a gym floor. Please come with clean dry gym shoes.
- Shin pads are required. Your child may be excluded from the game if this important piece of safety equipment is not used.
- Players must come to the game with their own size 3 ball with the players name on it
- Water - for frequent breaks
- A snack for between the practice and game may be desired
- Players must not wear any jewelry (earrings, watches, etc.) during the practice or game
- Parents must remain at the field with their children during the entire session
Our PhilosophyAt the U7 level we continue focusing on basic skills, and begin incorporating more of the basic rules into the experience.
Our primary focus remains providing a fun and healthy environment for the kids to discover their emerging soccer skills. We do not focus on winning. We don't keep official score, celebrate wins, or mourn losses. We strive for every player to get equal playing time, and try to keep the number of players on the field small in order to maximize opportunities to play. We reward skillful play, good attitudes and sportsmanship.
Adults, please try to keep this in mind. If you see a player on a team opposing your child's team, and that player is exceptionally good... please try to celebrate that skill as opposed to trying to suppress it. All players develop at different rates, and at this age, some kids really stand out. This is a good thing, try to not take offense by it.
Here are some additional notes about the U7 format:
- For this outdoor session we will play 6v6 including a goalie. We will use the bigger nets. Coaches may decide to change the structure as needed for a fun and fulfilling game depending on attendance.
- Coaches may decide to balance teams at game time if there is a need to equalize the number of players on each team.
- Substitutions should be made when play stops and should occur approximately every 5 - 10 minutes
- We will play with throw-ins, goalie kicks and corner kicks.
- The game will start with a kick-off at the center, as will the second half of the game
- After each goal, the team scored upon will start again by kicking-off at center. A successful kick-off means that the ball needs to roll 1 revolution forward and be touched by another player
- Hand balls result in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No slide-tackling allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No pushing with the arms or hands allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No tripping from behind allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to the opposing side
- No checking with hips allowed, results in an INDIRECT kick to opposing side
- No off-sides called
- The coaches may decide to break for half-time
Basic Rules for Parents
- Players must play within their assigned team.
- Players must play on the team they have been assigned to. Requests for specific teams will be honored if availability permits. Requests made close to the start of the season are often hard or impossible to accomodate for.
- At least one adult supervisor must stay during the entire session and is responsible for watching kids if they wander away from play
- Parent involvement is appreciated and encouraged when appropriate but please try not to interfere with the session
- Due to insurance rules players who are not registered with the league cannot play
- Players must not wear jewelry such as earrings, watches, necklaces, etc.
Week One January 15, 2017
New England Revolution- Field 1
Houston Dynamo- Field 2
Montreal Impact- Field 3
Ny City- Field 4
Chicago Fire- Field 5
Seattle Sounder- Field 6